«People and their motivation to change are my key elements of successful transformation and strategy implementation.»
«People and their motivation to change are my key elements of successful transformation and strategy implementation»
I would like to share my extended experience as CEO and member of the Board of Directors of national and international companies in various industries, particularly in digital transformation, business development and leadership, in a tailored and focused approach. I shall do that with you as part of the senior management of interested companies and would be pleased to be an active part in respective transformation projects and their implementation.
Advice and monitoring in transformation processes
Companies have always been confronted with change. Automation, digitalization and increasingly artificial intelligence are accelerating a comprehensive transformation exponentially along the entire supply and value chain. Challenges on management, employees, customers and partners, as well as on structures, processes and technologies, are drastically increasing. Senior leadership and management are to adapt to a promising vision and the corresponding strategic orientation, thereafter imperatively to be transformed and implemented.
Due to many years of experience as CEO and member of the Board of Directors, I am very familiar with these challenges and may contribute a great deal of “lessons learned”.
Hence, I am used to quickly putting myself in the shoes of national and international companies of all sizes, industries and cultures. Interested companies can count on my tailored and focused support for their growth and transformation projects.
Based on mutual trust and in close cooperation with management and Board of Directors, I am supporting them in their strategic orientation towards growth options and subsequently in the consistent implementation of the transformation, particularly in digital transformation.
Personal consulting/sparring partner and mentoring of executives in business
Having been in various leadership roles, I know how important it is to have a trustful exchange with an experienced leader who is not part of the same company. Possible topics are diverse and may range from business to leadership issues, interaction with media, stakeholders, or risk mitigation, etc.
Hence, I am also pleased to serve as a mentor for future executives.
Key note speaker and lecturer
Sharing of experiences as well as disseminating of “lessons learned” are met with great interest and do create added-value. These topics are in my focus:
- Leadership in digital transformation
- Influence of corporate culture on the success of digital transformation
- Concrete experiences and lessons out of many years at the helm of large companies
- Woman and Leadership
- Implications of corporate culture on a successful transformation
Competences and experience
- Over 30 years of leadership experience in management and specialist functions, both nationally and internationally
- More than 12 years as a CEO of Swiss Post, BT (British Telecom) and IBM Global Technology Services in national and international groups, most recently as CEO of Swiss Post with 60,000 employees out of 148 nations, of which around 8,000 are based abroad
- In-depth knowledge of technologies, change management and transformation, particularly digital transformation (IBM and BT)
- Solid implementation experience in digital transformation (Swiss Post), particularly in logistics, banking, service services, telecommunications as well as the technology industry in general
- Many years of experience as a member of the Boards of PostFinance AG, GEBERIT AG, BEDAG Informatik AG; member of the foundation Board of IBM Pensionskasse; member of the Board of Directors of the International Postal Corporation; member of the advisory Boards of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) and the Ecole Polytechnique Fédéral de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Business development & innovation to achieve growth
- Directing comprehensive transformation projects as well as corporate
- Structured management of large digital transformation processes
- Setting up the associated governance & compliance as well as customer benefit and customer journey process
- Preparation for event/crisis management and dealing with media
- Risk management
- Anticipatory action with regard to assessing the future of a companyRedesign of corporate structures and their implementation (divisional to functional and vice versa)
Mandates and References
2021 – today
Advisor to the Board of Emirates Post, Dubai (UAE)
2020 – today
Board Member CTT Correios de Portugal SA (Post of Portugal), Lissabon
2020 – today
Board Member Eldora SA, Rolle (Switzerland)
2019 – today
CEO of Ruoff Advisory GmbH (Switzerland)
2017 – today
Member of the Strategic Advisory Board of EPF Lausanne
2013 – 2018
Member of the Board of Directors of PostFinance and member of the Organization and Remuneration Committee
2012 – 2016
Member of the Board of Directors of the International Postal Corporation, Brussels
2009 – 2013
Member of the Board of Directors of Geberit International Ltd. (European market leader for sanitary products) and member of the Organization and Remuneration Committee
2010 – 2012
Member of the Industrial Advisory Board of ETH Zurich/ Computer Science
2006 – 2009
Diversity Leader of the IBM CEMEAS Region (Central East Middle East, Austria and Switzerland)
2000 – 2006
Board Member of the Pension Fund of IBM Switzerland (Employer side)
Personal relationship is at the core of our services!
We are looking forward to be at your disposal.